Tiburon Peninsula Soccer Club (TPSC) provides a comprehensive program of curriculum-based player development coaching and team play, for girls and boys grades K-12.
Recreation teams are formed on a ‘grade-pure’ (single grade/year) basis for Kindergarten thru 6th grade. For 7th grade thru 12th grade, teams are formed by soccer league age (U14 and U19). Coaching is provided, and games are organized with a view to age-appropriate development and challenge, and with the long-term development of the player in mind.
While the Club offers soccer development programs year-round, the Recreation playing “season” runs each Fall, from late August through early November, culminating in end-of-season Jamborees in partnership with other Clubs.
During the season, depending on age group, teams practice either once or twice during the school week, and play games on Saturdays. In the older age groups (Grade 7 and above) teams play either Saturday or Sunday, and may occasionally play on both days.
The Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades division teams play each other in small sided games with no goalie in a ‘festival format (a series of 10-minute games). In 3rd grade and above, teams play 5 a-side, including a goalkeeper, and play games against other Clubs in the same age group. 4th grade teams play 7 a-side. 5th-6th grade teams play 8 a-side; at U-14 and U-19 teams play 11 a-side games in the Marin Interleague Soccer Alliance.
Age Group Assignment
Age-group assignment is based upon grade level and/or age in the Fall:
- For grades K-6 players are assigned to Recreation teams on a strictly single-year, grade level basis i.e. no playing up or down, unless approved by the Club Board.
- For grades 7-12, players are assigned to Recreation teams by soccer league age.
- Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten children aged 4-5 years are eligible to play Mini Kickers.
In order to be assured of a place on a team, all players must register either at the walk-in registration events (see above) or online by May 31, 2013 (see special notes below regarding Interleague team placement).
While every effort is made to place all registrants on teams, late registrants are not guaranteed a team placement and will be placed on a waiting list until such time a place is available (subject to the number of coaches available, number of players registered in a particular age group to make up teams, and maximum team size).
Among late registrants, placement preference will be given to players who have just moved to the area. In all cases, placement will made at the sole discretion of the Club.
Given that teams are assigned specific days to practice, if a player cannot practice on certain days, it must be stated in advance on the TPSC Registration form. Once teams are formed, if a player’s other activities prevent them from participating, their registration may be cancelled and the fee will be refunded, provided notification is provided to the Club prior to the first day of practice.
Team Placement for U14 - U19
Placement on teams U14 and U19 is on a first-come basis. Upon registration, players are assigned a placement number. The first sixteen players registered will be placed on a team, after which subsequent registrants will be placed on a waiting list in order of registration, and placed on a subsequent team(s), provided sufficient players sign up to form a team. If sufficient players register to enable multiple teams, placement will be made to ensure balanced teams. If insufficient players register to form a subsequent team(s), those registered will be put on a waiting list.
The Club welcomes all those who wish to contribute in the form of volunteer coaching and we encourage you to express your interest at Registration time.
- For grades K-6, the Club provides professional coaching assistance for all teams, in the form of age-specific group practices that follow the Club Curriculum for each age group. Volunteer coaches conduct their own practice sessions during which they reinforce the lessons from the Group Practice; as well as lead their teams on game days.
- For U14-U19 professional coaching assistance is provided for both practices and games; however coaching and team management opportunities are available for those who wish to volunteer