Why be a Referee?
No soccer game sanctioned by California Youth Soccer League can be played without a referee licensed by the United States Soccer Federation. This means no TPSC game can take place without a qualified referee. TPSC trains and helps anyone interested to become a licensed referee. Also we need qualified referees to insure player safety and to promote play in accordance with the Laws of the Game.
For adults, refereeing provides an opportunity to:
Promote player safety.
Contribute to the community and children’s teams.
Lend maturity to the competitive (and often emotional) environment in which games are played.
Be a role model.
Learn a new skill and the Laws of the Game.
For younger people (under 18), refereeing provides an opportunity to:
Earn cash ($7-$40 depending on age group and classification of game).
Develop decision making skills.
Develop confidence and maturity.
Learn the Laws of the Game.
- An opportunity for Community Service.
Email Kim Stibich for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Read: Advice for New Referees
Sign Up for Games (Online)
1. Email email@example.com to register for online signups
2. When you recieve your username and password, Login to www.mysoccerleague.com
First time users:
a. On the "Edit Information" link, enter your birthdate and comfort level. Save
b. On the Edit Personal Info link, enter your address, home and cell phone so that we can pay you. Save.
3. Go to All Referee Assignments, then to each date, and hit the "I’ll take it" button. (Remember: You must be one age group older than the players you’re officiating)
4. An email will automatically be sent to the Referee Coordinator
5. Our referee coordinator will assign games based on referee experience (and attempt to fairly distribute games among our referees), then will email you to confirm your selection. Please note: We use only volunteer coach/parent referees for U-7 - U-9 recreation and only first year licensed referees may sign up as assistant referees for U-10 recreation.
6. On mysoccerleague.com go to My Current Assignments and "Confirm"
7. If you need to cancel after Wednesday before the game, you MUST contact the referee coordinator directly. You may not cancel on the website after Wednesday.
GAME SIGN UP LOGON
Referee Cheat Sheet
We have teams playing in many different playing leagues with many sets of modified rules.
Download and print Cheat Sheet
USSF Handout for Referees
While designed for new referees, well worth a read for even the most experienced among us. Read Here
TPSC holds at least one entry-level course each year. You can check the www.cnra.net website for information on local courses.
There are many other local referee courses in the area each spring and summer. If our own dates don’t work out for you, you can often sign up for courses with our sister leagues in Mill Valley, Central Marin, Dixie (San Rafael) or others. All approved courses are listed on the CNRA website! Just look for Entry Level, Grade 8 Referee Courses in the West Region.
Safety Note about Goalposts!
Since 1979, there have been 27 deaths in the United States alone from goalposts that have fallen over on players. DO NOT USE unanchored goalposts. Period! Before practice and games, make sure that the posts are anchored/staked/weighted to the ground. If you find goalposts that are not anchored for games, let the club know immediately.
Dear Parents, Coaches, Managers:
The TPSC is responsible for providing referees for all of our Competitive Division home games. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the match. For obvious reasons, it is important that we train as many people as possible to become certified referees!