Competitive soccer is for focused, highly motivated, talented players, who want to experience the enjoyment and developmental benefits that come from a) professional coaching, and b) training and competing with and against other focused, achievement-oriented players. Competitive players are trained regularly to develop soccer skills and training habits that will enable them to acquire a sense of mastery and competence, and to compete successfully in inter-club competitions. Teamwork, sportsmanship, and character development are cornerstones of TPSC’s Competitive Program.
Basic Structure of Competitive Teams
- Practices usually commence in a non mandatory basis in the spring, once per week, through mid June.
- August 7-11, 2023 is the mandatory start week for teams 2006-2015 and August 14-16 for teams 2016.
- Tournament play starts in August. Depending on the age group, teams play in 1-3 tournaments during the season.
- League games typically commence after Labor Day weekend.
- Some teams play in NorCal State Cup.
- Costs vary from $1,200 - $1950.
- Additional costs include individual travel to tournaments and player uniforms.
- Financial Aid is available for qualified families. To request a financial aid application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Group Classification
All boys and girls who register with the TPSC are eligible to play in accordance with their age groups. The age is determined by the player's birth year for competitive teams. For recreational play, teams are composed by grade level.
Our competitive team formation will be subject to the numbers and quality of players who turn out for tryouts. Final decisions on team formation and Division placement will not be made until tryouts are complete.